BATHROOM

We have a full bath downstairs and a small one upstairs with a toilet and sink and we've been semi- remodeling the downstairs bath and this remodel should be compete in a few days!  I love the original tiles on the floor so we're keeping them, and the warm tones accent the original wood trim.  Someone had installed metal sheeting on the walls and I like that too, so keeping those!  We changed out all of the lights and the fan, pulled out the ceiling tiles and put sheetrock up, put in a new toilet, and ripped out the old, nasty, cast iron bathtub and the metal sheeting that had been installed IN the shower area.  (It had rusted and made a huge mess.) While the tub was out, we added insulation which was non- existent. The sink was in good shape and sits on a pedestal made of metal pipes so that's cool.  I wanted to keep the metal theme going and since it's all grey tones I bought a "thunder grey" soaker tub which was installed a few days ago.  I can accent with grey and/or natural colored towels and I have a light grey shower curtain and blue rag rugs.  The walls, sink and toilet are white and we chose a white linen curtain for the window, so the tile in the shower will be a simple, white 4 x 4 porcelain, and the glass on the lights is white as well.  We went with brushed nickel faucets and shower hand rails, curtain rod, lights etc. I also plan to make a low, narrow bench to hold towels, books, clothes or whatever and I'll use some of the original wooden planks that were removed and edge it with a strip of metal taken out of the shower area.  Here are the progress pics and I'll post again later when it's complete!

 Old cast iron tub

 


 Ready for tile


 Old ceiling, new lights

 Painting the ceiling. I love the floor tiles BUT some of them are damaged and we've decided to cover them with the floating floor tiles.  Again, this won't damage the original tile so if someone down the line wants to reveal it again, they can!

 New ceiling!




Adding fun details and painting the walls!  I made this little bench from some of the old wood and metal that was pulled out of the old shower area.  I wanted a place to put my book and clean clothes while soaking in the tub.  I also made the little shelf on the wall out of old wood from the house, and found this cute tin sign that fit perfectly in this space. PS: I swear I don't hoard toilet paper!  But, after 2020 I learned to always make sure I have a good stash.




Comments