STUDIO SPACE.. FOR NOW and THE FUTURE!

In my post titled SHOP TALK, I showed you what the shop looks like now, and Alan and I have a big vision for this space for the future!  We estimate it will take about $15,000 to bring this shop up to par enough for me to use it as a studio/ class space.  So, until we can afford to do the renovations out there, our guest room is acting as my office/studio/ teaching space!  Until we can make the shop my own, I'm quite thankful for the extra room in the house where I can set up my paintings and teaching areas.  If you know me, you know I have big visions! Here's what we have in mind for the shop:

1.  Get electricity out there.

2.  Clean it up!  It's a MESS.  

3.  Close all gaps and holes and do a major pest control out there.

4.  Fix the roof which leaks in the center.

5.  Build a wall with a door in it lengthwise down the center of the space.  I think it would be neat to have a window in that wall so I can see into the other half.

6.  For the side with the walk in door, add insulation to the walls and ceiling, add lights, have a few windows installed, and add a split unit for a/c and maybe a space heater depending on how cold the winters get here in Southern AL. 

7.  For the side with the big garage door, put lighting in and leave it as is.  This will be the Wood working space.

See the pic of what the shop looks like now at the bottom of this page, or go to the SHOP TALK page to see more.  This little set up here is where I'm working now.





Comments