ANTIQUES

     In my previous post I mentioned that Alan and I love antiques!  Since we want to support local businesses, we've made a point to purchase several items for our home from a couple of Monroeville antique shops- Back Roads Antiques, and Abby's Antiques.  Here we have two sugar molds which I find make convenient holders for stuff!  (I like things that are practical!)  Alan is a Coca Cola fan and we found some super cool old Coke crates that we'll hang on the wall in the living room.  A fun find was this set of 4 kitchen chairs that belonged to a well known Alabama cook- I guess she's popular on face book but I don't know her and I can't remember her name so oh well- I love the chair set because they tie in the wood from the farmhouse table my Dad made for me, and the red adds a pop of color to the space.  I'm on the hunt for something I can put in the kitchen which will act as counter space and have a lower cabinet- it's a narrow space at just 22 inches wide, so I need something just the right measurements and once I find it, I will know!  I've decided to keep the old 1950's metal cabinets, but we'll sell the center sink/ cabinet unit and replace that with a copper farmhouse sink and new countertops, and I'll have to find a couple of metal cabinets to fill in that space so I'm on the hunt for something that will go with the existing cabinets.  The special piece I'm on the hunt for will take the place of a special order cabinet.  The overall theme of our house is metal and wood with a combination of mostly rustic (yet some modern) accents.  




Comments